"THE GIFT" My First but A Fast 2 stroke motorcycle

Hello Dear Readers,

It's different when we say I bought a motorcycle. In my words we always find them. My personal belief they waited a long for us some in the factory line, some at their previous owner's, some in a garage rusted and full of dirt, some in almost nowhere no care. Like I shared earlier that "they too have a living soul". So they eagerly waited for you to come and find them or get found by them so long way.

This is a story of getting found by a motorcycle. It was Jaipur again in the year 2010 maybe, I was there for a random ride. And just two days before to leave Jaipur a close friend of mine Mr. Sharad Sharma invited me for my favorite food recipe 'The Kadhi'. Specially cooked by him. Then I went to his place in 'Sanganer' a place in Jaipur, where the Airport of Jaipur situated. He welcomed me so well and he served me an amazing Kadhi. I enjoyed the food and he said to have some meetha paan with him near his place. So we walked to that paan shop. On the way to the paan shop we changed our plan and went for a couple of drinks at a masala soda parlor nearby, I really don't recall the place's name.

All the seats inside the bar were full so we sat outside the parlor, yes, of course, there is a sitting arrangement outside the parlor. We shared some old memories. After paying the bill we went off to his place. On our way back I have seen a dirty bike lying on a wall in the shade of stems of a vegetable plant. It was not at all visible as it was dark. Though once you have "Search Eyes" like "Search Lights" you definitely find it. The plant was covered it almost all and it was late evening. I asked Sharad what is this? He said it's his uncles' bike. I asked which bike is this? He replied it's a Suzuki Shogun 110cc 2 stroke. And haven't started since 2/3 years and here in the open since that time only. As there was that plant surrounded it like a thousand snakes I didn't touch it that time. But I couldn't sleep that night. I was reading all about Suzuki Shogun. Whatever article available on the internet.

Next morning I woke up at 0400 Hrs. Though I haven't actually slept last night. I went o the bike, And without his permission and in overnight excitement I took a piece of stick and try to pull out all the surrounding plant parts. Now I had a clear vision of the bike. It was a black with pink graphics motorcycle in a very bad shape. But I don't know how and why I fall for it after the full visual. Just like in humans we say love at first sight.

Sharad woke up at 0700 Hrs he was just shocked to see me, He called me then I noticed that I was full of dust, spider nets and parts of the plant I was fighting to rescue my girl. I said Sharad I want his bike, he shocked all over again. And asked are you mad?? I said no, I said I just want his motorcycle. He said it's not even going to crank and you want it.

At tea the deal finalized, when I asked for the price he said a NO in the place of the amount. Sharad is a dear friend he said if you will really care this motorcycle I will give it to you. So he gifted me the Shogun and that morning he took me to the RTO, Jaipur and transferred the papers of ownership to me. So I have to cancel the program of leaving the next day. Took the motorcycle to Dileep Ji, He looked at it and then he stared me very shockingly. Then he said, "Ye kya, Kyu aur Kahan se le aye Vishu bhai".

I asked him how much time he wants to make it run he said 2 hours or maybe 10 days he doesn't know.
He then drained the engine oil and gave 1/2 liters of kerosene oil in the engine and started kicking it and after almost 50/60 kicks he was smiling on his own. I asked what happened Dileep Ji, he said fikar Nahi Vishu Bhai Abhi Zinda hai Ghodi (Female Horse) andar se. Then the engine chamber was coughing like an old asthma patient and the kerosene worked with kicks. He now changed the spark plug, engine oil and put some petrol mixed with 2T oil 1ounce into it. in just only 10/12 kicks it cranked for the first time in 2/3 years. I have a smile on my face and a tiny drop of tear in my eyes. After few more kicks, it shouted for the first time like it woke up after a long long hibernation sleep. Then Dileep Ji kept the engine start for more than 30 minutes and he said. Vishu bhai aapne achi gaadi le li, kitne ki mili?  I replied nothing......I just smiled and thanked him with a hug and his labor charge which he didn't accept.

I still have that motorcycle fit and fine and the most amazing thing has I almost spent nothing on that motorcycle to keep it running in a real 2 stroke beast. Except for petrol, engine oil, and regular checkup. It's that they will find you when you are the right person to take care of them.

So that's the whole story a Gift and finding or getting found.


This is "The Gift"












Thank You

Comments

  1. Amazing, It was amazing sitting in the backseat of ur gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Hero that was a great experience all together.
    But, if u don't mind can I have ur no. Plz

    ReplyDelete
  3. The write up was too good to bring right amount of enthusiasm to any rider..
    Hope to see many such stories from you Bishu da in near future..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyy! Nice write up again. These motorcycles always have a charm, no matter what condition you see them in. I remember the Shogun was a big hit when we were kids. I hope you always keep this bike and pass it on to your future generations. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fan of the Machine

Fallen in love with the motorcycle life.