Fan of the Machine

Hello Dear Readers,

Today I am sharing a story of old times and rusted places in an old box, but still today it is the very lively story of my madness for automobiles, basically motorcycles.

In the year 2002 one hot afternoon, I finally decided to ride my fathers' motorcycle because he was not at home. Went for a meeting in Ranchi, Jharkhand. Offcourse without his permission and unknowingly.

It was The Legendary Rajdoot 175 a model of 1987. Three-speed transmission, a very basic motorcycle. A pinhole ignition system, a kick starter, a brake padel, a gear lever, a headlamp, a tail lamp, a horn that's all the electricals or features the Rajdoot 175 has.
 
 That was a time when my fascination for motorcycles was in its toll. I use to watch each and every motorcycle very passionately whichever cross me on my way back to home from school or I could see them from the window of my room. Because where we live that's on the main city road.

That was the time when mobile phones are not that common. So I called a school friend of mine 'Raj' and told him to come to my home and we will take a small ride. I was excited as well as afraid, calling especially Raj has a reason that his father too has a Rajdoot. So I thought he must have some more idea how to ride. Though he came and I was ready with the motorcycle, nobody in the house has any idea what I was up to and the bike used to park in the lawn so it was easy to take it out.

I kicked it but it couldn't be cranked, Raj put down the chock as he has some better idea about that particular motorcycle but still it hadn't cranked yet. So he said maybe the engine is cold, you ride it and I will push it from behind and when I say put the gear lever upwards to shift it to gear no 1, it will force start. After almost 30 minutes it the idea worked. It cranked and started, A loud but smooth sound came to our ears. I gave some throttle and the bike was started rolling on the road, Raj was shouting stop! stop! But that time It was almost impossible to control the excitement of riding the motorcycle on my own. I returned to the same place I had left him, then he all of a sudden seen me and took a jump over the rear seat, I don't know why even he did that, I lost control of the bike and we fell in a muddy pothole near the turn of the road. We managed to come out of the muddy situation and took the bike out. Though I and Raj were angry with each other for different reasons. But after few seconds we looked at each other and felt it very funny, maybe we felt it that way because three of us were unhurt.  We laughed so loud at that moment, I know for most of the people its kind of very awkward but still we did so. Then we washed in a tubewell and cleaned the bike as before.

After that incident, I and raj use to ride my bike whenever my father is not at home. It was fun, really it was.

This is the bike dear readers. My Rajdoot 175 cc, 1987 model. I restored it myself in 2013.







So it's a story how it all started for motorcycles. And this particular motorcycle truly fell in love with for the very first time. But you know once a Literature Genius said that Love can happen once, In my personal belief, It can happen one after another depending upon the life situations and circumstances, though the first love is always the one you learned the way of loving something. Because it never hurt me or left me in a problematic situation.

I have a strong feeling about machines that as any living being.

Thank You

Comments

  1. That feeling is oh so relevant!! 😁😁 hearing your story took me back to my childhood days when we would just gasps at every bike that would pass by. The Yamahas and the Shogun were the more fancy ones i remember. I hope i can make the dream of owning a 2 stroke bike into a reality someday. Thank you for sharing your story. It made my day 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot brother rider and motorcycle enthusiast for reading my story. I have many more stories till date of my motorcycle life.

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha I remember that moment......:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you just forgot to write about that twin headlamp & "BULL"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was never so enjoying and memorable without your jump.

      Delete
  4. A very well narrated experience..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting.... And..... Afore!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"THE GIFT" My First but A Fast 2 stroke motorcycle

Fallen in love with the motorcycle life.